Portable Grinder/Polisher for in-situ Replication and Mould Repairs
The major application areas are power plants, petroleum and natural gas pipelines, and welding quality inspection for metal constructions. In situ metallographic work must be performed on-site without damaging the components. This means that portable metallographic instruments for grinding, polishing, and etching procedures are required.
Kemet Portable Grinder Polisher - PGP
- Belt-worn battery pack and motor controller to drive an NSK Evolution Power Polisher (ENK-250T)
- Separate battery pack and controller improves weight distribution
- Motor Speed 1000rpm - 25,000rpm, variable in steps
- Battery life 2 ½ - 5 hours constant use
- Visual LED bar-graph display of RPM, load indication and battery level
- Push buttons for increasing / decreasing RPM, an on/off button and a reverse button.
- Separate battery charger
- Supplied with 4:1 reduction gear and right angled hand-piece (IC-300)
- Brushless motor
- Product code: 339098
Consumables included with kit
|25mm Abrasive Discs||Code|
|Grit 60 (Pk 50)||25X60|
|Grit 120 (Pk 50)||25X120|
|Grit 240 (Pk 50)||25X240|
|Grit 320 (Pk 50)||25X320|
|Grit 400 (Pk 50)||25X400|
|Grit 600 (Pk 50)||25X600|
|Grit 800 (Pk 50)||25X800|
|Grit 1200 (Pk 50)||25X1200|
|25mm Polishing Cloths||Code|
|MRE (Pk 50)||25MRE|
|MBL (Pk 50)||25MBL|
|25mm rubber holder||410201|
Field metallographic procedures are performed “on location” or in the “field” on components that are too large to bring to the metallographic laboratory. Generally, these components are still being used in service or must be returned to service and cannot be destructively sectioned or physically altered. Field metallography is also called in situ metallography, and it is sometimes called nondestructive metallography.Advantages
- The technique is portable and can be used on-site.
- In situ metallography can be used to monitor quality of purchased components.
- Replication techniques are nondestructive.
- Replicas are ideal for both flat and curved surfaces
- The techniques can be applied to a wide variety of materials.